The purpose of PAFPC is to:
- Promote an exchange of knowledge, experience, and ideas concerning federal programs in order to enable the members to serve educational entities with greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Disseminate information concerning resources available from the federal government so that greater use can be made of these resources.
- Supplement and assist the flow of information and constructive comment from the offices of the Pennsylvania Department of Education that are responsible for the administration of federally supported educational programs.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding federal programs to any member and /or organization seeking to serve the educational needs of the community, the state or the union.
- Provide training institutes or workshops in the area of federal programs